Saturday, December 31, 2011

Half a chicken later

After reading good things about the restaurant Chez Ma Cousine, I thought I'd better hit it up for dinner, and I'm glad I did. I ordered the standard 1/2 chicken with potato and salad, and was delivered a platter of chicken and potato and a sizeable bowl of salad in about 2mins - awesome! The spicy sauce provided lived up to its name too. Wicked feed, and with a local beer it was great value too.

To walk off my meal I wandered through the shopping district on the south side of the river on the way back to the hostel and scoped out some chocolate shops and watches. I don't think I'm going to find a snowboard in this town in my price range (come to think of it I haven't seen a snowboard store yet, many ski shops though), haven't even seen a skate shop. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places (highly likely).


Art and Saint Pierre Cathedral‎


Bacon Flavoured Chocolate?


Many Options

Today I awoke to a wet day, so I've been walking around town with brief forays into shelter to dry off. First stop is the Red Cross headquarters (ICRC) which I somehow missed yesterday, followed by the Saint Pierre Cathedral in old town. The ICRC was closed with a whole bunch of construction occurring in the front area. Saint Pierre Cathedral is quite spectacular, the current building dating back to the 16th century, which has burnt down and been rebuilt several times owing to its mix of styles. On the way back into town I spied out the Flower Clock, a tribute to Geneva's watchmaking history and a site which has been in place since 1955 - fun(?) fact it apparently has the longest seconds hand in the world. Followed this visit by lunch at a Indian restaurant near the hostel, which was so so.


ICRC (CICR - Red Cross) HQ


Streets in Old Town


St Pierre Cathedral


St Pierre Cathedral - Inside


Flower Clock

Plan for this evening is to consume some local beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment