Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back to London

I don't know if that was one of the quickest feeling flights, or perhaps it is my ability to zone out on 2 hours of sleep, but it seemed the 22 hours from Sydney to London went in a snap. Emirates is the best. Scored 3 seats to myself after the doors closed, my economy-style skybed may have been the envy of those seated behind me, and I managed to secure what may have been 3-4hrs of 'sleep'.

So I arrived in London around 8pm and ambled towards Highbury-Islington on the tube, thanks to the fantastic directions from my cousin Katrina (thanks!). Its bloody cold in London for this time of year (so I'm told, its freezing every other time I've been here, albeit this is meant to be spring and the other times were dead middle of winter). Had a good chat with Katrina's housemates Barry and Ronald, and following a super meal prepared by Barry, a couple of wines and some FIFA13 on the Xbox I was well and truly roasted, and slept well.

Today will feature random stumblings around London to acclimatise, some work on the laptop to finish up what I should have done before leaving Sydney (due to my excellent procrastination skillz), and maybe a quick museum visit to tick the cultural activities to do whilst in London box and justify my classification of this trip as sightseeing/holiday in addition to visiting family. Oh and a pint, and a run (but not in that order).

No comments:

Post a Comment